Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel Tips & Tricks
After previously writing the review for, Inotia 4: Assassin of Berkel, I would like to share some tips or strategy guide in finishing this long and tiring game. Although it’s not actually a walkthrough of the game, but this tips will hopefully be more than enough to guide your journey in finishing Inotia 4 without having much stress.
Just as I wrote in my review, Inotia 4 will most likely occupy much of your time since the storyline goes at a very slow pace and there’s much more surprise being dished out by com2us that makes it different from its previous installment. Although this next tips isn’t going to significantly shorten your playing time, but I do hope that you can go through the game without much trouble, especially for those who have just starting to play this RPG without tasting any of the previous titles.
Here are some of the basic playing tips that hopefully could help you out in finishing the game regardless what class you choose as your main character:
- This fourth instalment of the game is filled with lots of mission and difficult battles, that’s why grinding or farming for levelling up or acquiring quality equipments is more than necessary as things gets easier when your character is two-three level above.
- Share your character’s status points wisely based on the class you choose at the beginning, each classes required certain stat to be maximized in making them stronger. Pay a close attention on the character’s early status and divide the points based on that early condition.
- Earlier in the game, choose the most useful skills for your character and max it out so you can get through the early level without much problem. Don’t worry about missing out in activating any of your skills because you will be able to do it as the game goes.
- Stocking up potions are advisable ahead of any final dungeon or boss battle especially if you don’t play using characters with healing magic skill. Even if you do have a healing magic character/mercenaries with you, stocking potions will still be very useful for your battle.
- If possible, try to acquire 8 slot bag or even 12 slot as soon as possible because further into the game you will be picking up lots of stuffs during your journey and you obviously wouldn’t want to miss out on getting quality items along the way.
Mercenaries with a good stats and nearly complete skill list would be very useful to have as not only they will help you a lot in battle, but you can also use them to store your items by equipping then with some of the stuffs you found and isn’t fond of throwing away.
- If you need a quick cash to purchase potions or resurrection scrolls, just sell some of the item combination materials such as, leather, mithril, magic cloth or bloody fur because those things are pretty common stuffs you can easily pick along the way and actually could earn you pretty good amount of cash.
- Most of the boss fight in Inotia 4 is difficult, that’s why it’s wise to use a certain strategy against them. Analyse their attacks and how much it will hit you, use your mercenaries to drain those bosses, use hit and run tactic if charging them looks too troubling. If your playing with long range character, just simply keep your distance with the bosses and hit with your best skill.
- Lamp can be very useful when your far away from any merchandise dealer and in need of quick health potions, but remember the price you have to pay for the stuffs from lamp merchants is much more expensive.
- Although getting dice might look pretty useless for some of you, i advise not to destroy it, just roll them immediately and see whether your lucky enough in getting a good stat. If the dice gives you a bad status you can just cancel and throw them away without losing your previous stat.
- Getting good weapons and armors from farming enemies might be rather difficult earlier in the game, that’s why if you have enough cash, buying one for your main character might not be a bad idea until you eventually found something cool to carry around. If you can get one from the fusion machine buy all means get it as most of the stuffs from the machine is more than good enough to use. You can also use scrolls or jewel to enhance your weapons and armors, but it can only work for weapons with enough socket on it.
- Don’t be lazy to collect the scattered mana pieces you found during battle, since your characters’ best skills will need them for activation.
- Try to finish every quest you get including those who aren’t related with the main storyline as not only you can get money and lots of exp points but sometimes you will also receive quality items after finishing those tasks.
- Earlier in the game, when you already reach shadow tribe headquarters which is just inside Berkel empire, you can level up your character quickly by fighting at the training dungeon before you start receiving any tasks. Fighting here can easily get your character3-4 level above your enemies the next time you receive any mission.
- Somewhere in the later stage of the game when you already receive the final seal and about to enter elven sanctuary, stock up as many potions, resurrection scrolls or any health related items you can find before entering the sanctuary. Once you enter, there won’t be any merchants until the last dungeon on the sanctuary and before reaching it you will have to fight tons of enemies and probably around 8-10 boss battle, so prepare yourself well if you don’t want to get yourself stuck there.
- When you already reach the second story stage and doing mission with Elinia, it’s much more wiser to get stock up before entering one of the dungeon. You can easily go back to Berkel and stock up any health related goods before you embark on the tough mission.
I hope that you find these tips and tricks for Inotia 4 helpful. If you have any additional ones to share with our readers, feel free to write them down in the comment section below.