Recently I have told you about a new obsession that I have: playing Dream House Days from Kairosoft, and I am sure that if you gave this game a try, you got hooked as well. Therefore, I have decided to create this article with Dream House Days cheats: tips and strategy tricks to follow in order to get the most out of the game and make sure that you don’t go bankrupt and that your tenants are very happy.
So let’s not waste any time and let’s check out below some Dream House Days tips for new players and veterans!
1. As soon as you start the game (or add an expansion), don’t start adding furniture for all the apartments. Make sure that you furnish up one, rent it, and only afterwards start working on another. Otherwise you end up paying maintenance costs for no reason.
2. Don’t overdo it with furnishing in apartments. You will usually get students and adults with crappy jobs, so a rent too big might be too much for them and they won’t pay, which means a loss for you.
3. The expansion that I recommend getting is 1 medium room and 2 small ones. This way you can get a freak apartment for a large rent and comfort, and also two smaller ones for the students.
4. When looking for tenants, you have the option to pay premium currency for a Comic artist (usually). Have in mind though, that this doesn’t automatically mean that he or she will become a resident – they will still have to tour the apartment and if they don’t like what they see, they will be gone! So make sure you have a good enough one if you go for this!
5. Try to build special rooms in your apartments. It is very easy to have 3 special rooms in the small apartments (bathroom, bedroom and shiny room). Keep an eye on the Special Rooms tab and make sure you add them up accordingly.
6. Help your tenants get better jobs – this way you will have them make more money, which means that you can invest in an apartment for better rent. Even more, when they retire, you will still get all the rent and won’t risk having them too poor.
7. Pay attention to the advice they need – sometimes the best rewarding advice is that which comes with a deadline (usually by the end of the year). Make sure you have some research points available to advice them and you’ll get boosts in rent and extra goodies!
8. Don’t always give your tenants wedding permits. If you don’t, they don’t get upset. A couple means that you must have an extra bed in the room and not necessary a better rent. So only do it for tenants you love and you know you can accommodate more people (usually, they will want to have kids afterwards, which need even more space).
9. Use the youth scrolls wisely! It’s better to use them on the stars, to make sure that they are young and can work forever. The rich ones, unfortunately, have to live longer for us to make more money too.
10. When it comes to jobs and weddings especially, a high charisma is a must. So if you want to help a poor soul get married, make sure you invest a bit in items that increase their charisma.
11. There are some items that must be “purchased” by researching them (like the clock or calendar) so make sure you get a few of those as well.
12. Keep researching. Although it’s best to always have a few spare Research points for advice and whatnot, you need better furniture to increase your rent and make people happy.
13. Try placing the same type of furniture in all rooms. The more your tenants use the same type of furniture, the faster its level will rise. Leveled up furniture means better stats for your apartment, and that’s something that you can always use.
14. When searching for new tenants, using the first search option means that you will mostly get students and office workers. The second option already has a better chance of bringing you a better income person – I got a stage actor this way and I have never used the third option because it was too expensive, but I do believe that it has the potential to bring even richer people.
15. Try to play long sessions, then log back in. You receive Premium currency for every X minutes played, so the more you play, the more money you will get for premium stuff.
16. Be patient. Dream House Days is an amazing, but relatively slow paced simulation game, so you have to be patient. But I promise it’s well worth it, since your rooms will start looking amazing with top notch things in them!
Do you have other Dream House Days cheats to share with us? Let us know in the comment section below!